Members of the UK branch of PMI join a vibrant project management community and have access to stimulating events and meetings held throughout the United Kingdom. These help keep you current with PM knowledge and thinking, progress towards and maintain a professional qualification and to learn from other project managers.
What is PMI membership
In a word: DEDICATION.
PMI membership signals to the world that you are serious about your project management career and your professional development. It highlights this dedication to employers, colleagues and stakeholders, giving you an edge in the job market.
Our research shows that, 2/3 of the time people find jobs through contacts; membership is a great way to make these valuable contacts in project management.
When you become a PMI member, you'll gain access to knowledge, networks and resources that can help you to improve your work and advance your career in project management. Membership means you'll be recognized as someone who is:
- Serious about professional and personal development
- Enthusiastic about good practices in project management
- Dedicated to practicing your profession in an ethical manner
Benefits of a PMI membership
- All of these factors give you an edge in the job market and distinguish you to employers, colleagues and stakeholders. You'll receive significant benefits offered only to PMI members, they include:
- Exclusive, members-only resources and information on WWW.PMI.ORG — insightful publications such as PM Network®, exclusive online resources such as all PMI’s standards at no cost, and access to communities of like-minded peers
- Digital edition of PMI global standards that you can download to your computer, including A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge(PMBOK®Guide)
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through PMI chapters across the globe
- Online access to business and project management books and articles
- Articles on the Knowledge Shelf, written by your peers and reviewed by a panel of practitioners, to help you practice project management more effectively
- Leadership and volunteer opportunitiesto increase your experience and your expertise
- Access to a library of webinars addressing project management trends, best practices, how-to-guides, and much more
- You'll also save money. As a member, you receive discounts on the cost of credential exams, educational and networking events, and professional development courses. When you buy books, papers and other items at the PMI Marketplace, you'll receive special members' only pricing.
Organisations that employ project managers can benefit from reduced risk, global consistency, global standards and innovation from the Project Management Institute, an organisation that had 290,000 members in 160 countries in early 2009. The Project Management Institute is the global professional association for project programme or portfolio managers and PMO officers. PMI UK is the United Kingdom branch.
PMI UK Officers have much experience of leveraging the benefits of PMI for organisations with large groups of project managers, for example as part of a strategy to enhance project management competence. Contact the Director of Outreach at Contact us to arrange a discussion.
The worldwide standards available from the Project Management Institute include standards for best practice in project management, programme management, portfolio management and for organisational project management maturity assessment and development.
These support organisations to achieve consistency and excellence in project management practice, a standard project management terminology and economies of scale in the development of project management competence. The PMI local branch network offers a community of practice for those active in project management.
The Project Management Institute offers independent and unbiased benchmarks for the assessment of competence for projects staff, through the certifications: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®), Project Management Professional (PMP®) and Program Management Professional (PgMP). Read more at the Professional Qualifications page.
- Next >>